ZEBRA TECHNOLOGIES’ NEW MOBILE COMPUTER REVOLUTIONIZES WAREHOUSING OPERATIONS, SAVING AN HOUR PER WORKER PER SHIFT
ENTERPRISE-CLASS TC8000 MOBILE COMPUTER’S INNOVATIVE DESIGN BOOSTS PRODUCTIVITY AND REDUCES WORKER FATIGUE
Bill Burns, senior vice president, Enterprise Visibility and Mobility, Zebra Technologies said: “The TC8000 mobile computer represents the greatest advancement in warehouse technology in more than two decades with its revolutionary design contributing to an extra hour of productivity per worker per shift without disrupting existing IT systems. Warehouses are evolving from simplified operations to tightly integrated profit centers as companies increasingly rely on analytics to drive business decisions. The TC8000 will help warehouse workers be more efficient and deliver more accurate information, ultimately helping businesses operate more profitably.”
Zebra worked with users around the globe to completely re-think, re-design and re-engineer industrial mobile computers based on deep research and human factors analysis. The result is the new rugged Android™-based TC8000 mobile computer – 33 percent lighter than traditional mobile computers and requiring less muscle effort and reduced wrist motion to help increase the productivity of warehouse workers. It also reduces training time and makes data entry significantly faster and more accurate in challenging industrial settings.
- Designed for warehouses, third-party logistics, manufacturing and back-of-store retail environments, the TC8000 offers triple-shift battery power and can be used for warehouse management, price audits, store receiving, inventory management, voice-directed picking(VDP) and supply-line replenishment applications.
- The TC8000 automatically updates legacy Terminal Emulation (TE) “green screens” into modern, graphics-based All-touch Terminal Emulation screens without requiring IT to modify back-end systems. The highly intuitive user experience on the TC8000’s large touchscreen not only reduces the number of interactions required to complete a task but also increases accuracy.
- The TC8000 is available with Zebra’s most advanced scanning engine and the industry’s first hands-free proximity scanner in a handheld device, which can be enabled from a hip holster, presentation holster or a cart mount. Coupled with Zebra’s SimulScan Document Capture, it is now easy to capture multiple bar codes and entire forms with a single scan.
- Zebra OneCare Support Service contracts can significantly reduce unforeseen support expenses for the TC8000 by providing comprehensive coverage, technical support, software updates and unique device diagnostics that will detect WLAN connectivity, memory and battery issues helping improve mobile worker productivity and reducing downtime.
- Zebra will debut the TC8000 in booth #1603 at the 2016 NRF BIG Show being held on Jan. 17-20, 2016, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.