Zebra Unveils Smartpack Trailer For Intelligent Loading Optimization.
April 12, 2017 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in providing solutions and services that give enterprises real-time visibility into their operations, recently announced the launching of SmartPack™ Trailer which provides manufacturers, warehouses, distribution centers and the transportation and logistics (T&L) industry with real-time operational visibility.
SmartPack Trailer captures operational shipping data such as truck load density, trailer fullness, images of loads in progress and number of packages scanned and loaded per hour, giving companies unprecedented insights to achieve peak levels of performance and profitability. SmartPack Trailer delivers on Zebra’s Enterprise Asset Intelligence (EAI) strategy by sensing operational data at the point of activity and then analyzing that data to derive actionable insights for personnel and dock managers.
KEY FACTS – SMARTPACK TRAILER
- Due to lack of visibility in the loading process, trailers are often loaded improperly, wasting available space. SmartPack Trailer solves this issue by drawing actionable insight from data provided by 3D sensors and camera technology on the loading dock, allowing organizations to eliminate wasted space and time. This helps decrease the number of trailers on the road, thereby reducing fuel and maintenance costs.
- As part of a warehouse management system, SmartPack Trailer’s hardware, software and analytics can integrate with various enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems to track volumetric efficiency, load rate and when a load is nearing completion. Drivers can be alerted in advance when a trailer is about to be closed out, resulting in lower dwell time and freeing up the dock so a new load can begin.
- Businesses can also leverage the images from inside the trailer to track and monitor the lifting techniques of their employees, while enabling loading dock supervisors to make on-the-spot decisions to help employees work faster and more efficiently. This level of visibility can help reduce worker turnover and injury, theft, loss and damage of parcels with every trailer load.
KEY FACTS –NETWORK CONNECT FOR AUTOMATION ANDLIFEGUARD FOR ANDROID
- Zebra’s Network Connect for Automation enables organizations to seamlessly connect Zebra barcode scanners and printers to the most widely-used Industrial Ethernet protocols and other standard networks typically used in manufacturing plants and warehouse environments without additional conversion hardware. This minimizes network security exposure, reduces set-up and management costs and increases reliability and device response times.
- LifeGuard for Android is the industry’s first security lifecycle offering that extends the service life of Android-based mobile computers with support that is critical for enterprise deployments. By providing regular operating system (OS) security updates, LifeGuard for Android minimizes security risks that can be costly and prolongs the lifecycle of these devices, which can significantly lower the total cost of ownership. This protection strengthens the Zebra Mobility DNA™ platform suite of enterprise capabilities for Android and is offered as part of Zebra OneCare™ maintenance contracts.
“Given the rise of the ‘on-demand economy’ driven by e-commerce and the expectation of instant delivery, the need for solutions that can further optimize speed, accuracy and efficiency of the loading process are vital. The new Zebra SmartPack solution suite brings enterprise asset intelligence to the loading dock, providing transportation carriers with the real-time insights they need to run their operations more efficiently.” – Tom Bianculli, Chief Technology Officer of Zebra.
With the unparalleled visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – gives organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com
About MultiSystems, Inc.
MultiSystems is a systems integrator of Supply Chain Automation, Enterprise Mobility and Plant Floor Solutions based on performance and productivity improvement. With over 25 years of experience, MultiSystems has become the preferred supplier of AIDC solutions to more than 800 companies, including Fortune 500 companies.
MultiSystems is proud to be Zebra Premier Business Partner, Zebra Registered ISV and Zebra Authorized Service Provider. This designation means we are among a select group of Zebra partners that offer the complete package of Zebra solutions and services to our customers.